(A throwback from when I was nominated for the Liebster Award!)
Wow! Today I received my first award. It’s an honor. But, more than the award, am I honored to know people are enjoying my writings!
I was nominated by Hyper Child Chill Mom and I would very much recommend checking out their blog. It is a mother, daughter team blogging their way through life, specifically from the aspect of dealing with ADHD. In my opinion, it is an example of what a life blog should be, and one of the few life blogs that I actually follow!And it’s interesting, so check it out!
There are the questions chosen by Hyper Child Chill Mom for me to answer!
- Who inspires you? My mom first inspired me to write. She spent most of her life wanting to be an author. One day, she did it. I thought, if she can do it, why shouldn’t I step out and do it, too?
- Favorite animal and why? Dogs. They are man’s best friend – a faithful companion. The also have practical purpose – guard dogs!
- Favorite musical group or song and why? “Just to Be Close to You” Fred Hammond. This is an old gospel song. Just kind of a very simple motto for me and can touch my heart every time I sing it. It also brings me back to some special moments in my life.
- What goals do you have for your blog. Become a millionaire 😀
- What motivates you on a daily basis? I guess just a work ethic. I just try to keep knocking out quality posts, so I can step back and take pride in something I made.
- What is your favorite meal? Chicken Riggies.
- Christmas is right around the corner, what was your favorite present for Christmas, giving or receiving? One year, when I was a child, my family went through a lot of hard times. Everyone close to us bought me many, many gifts. I’ll never forget it. It was their way of trying to help and cheer me up a little. Looking back, it means a lot to me. At the time, I was young and didn’t realize what was going on. I just thought it was a good Christmas!
- What is your most despised chore? Right now, laundry, because I have to carry it outside a couple buildings down to our laundry room.
- What is your favorite smell? Why? Right now, Plumeria, because it takes me back to a recent trip I was on and brings good memories.
- What is the last book you read? Did you enjoy it? It was something for marriage (I recently got married). It was OK but, for relationships, I would strongly recommend “The Five Love Languages.”
Ten random facts about myself:
- I am a guy.
- Jonathan “Jay” Pines is not my real name.
- I love a meal of cheese and black coffee/espresso. Sometimes I am called “Iron Gut.”
- I was literally inspired right on the spot to start my blog, and did it.
- Only my wife knows my blog.
- I am a managerial accountant.
- I play electric guitar.
- Typically, when I wrote a poem, it’s to a melody.
- I don’t feel like I am a typical poet.
- Many people would be surprised that I have this blog.
I now nominate the following blogs:
Here’s ten questions I’ve chosen for you to answer!
- What emotion do you want to convey the most in your writing?
- What emotion do you want to feel the most when reading someone else writing?
- Would you prefer a poem that is more eloquent in words or more expressive in emotion?
- Do you set a goal for how often you post?
- Where do you write the most?
- What time do you write the most?
- Do you write spur of the moment or do you spend long periods of time writing or editing a post?
- What do you drink first thing in the morning?
- What moments or situations in life can bring you back to an important memory?
- What is one of your favorite comfort foods?
Here’s the rules, now that you’re nominated!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine (Jack Henry) if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) Post a comment in the comments below (on the website https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ) so I (Jack Henry) can view your post and check out your blog. I (Jack Henry)personally visit each and everyone.I (Jack Henry) visited a few hundred last year!!!